Wednesday, May 25, 2016

The Love Dare - Days 8 & 9

As you may have noticed, the energy seems to be dwindling, not just for my hubby and I but even for the group as a whole. Last week, there was a lot of enthusiasm towards the whole dare; couples gladly shared their daily experiences, etc. This week, everyone is silent.

Personally, on Day 8, I realized the devil was really fighting me tooth and nail this week. The relationship with my hubby, my baby and my baby’s caregiver has been good, so definitely, the devil didn’t see ways of disorganizing that. Then he decides to attack me through one of my juniors at work, a girl that I directly supervise at work. Upto now, I do not understand what exactly entered this girl. She had the worst kind of emotional outbursts, and asking me, on top of many other things, if I wanted her to tell me all her daily programs and movements, including going to the toilet? Yes! As her supervisor – at the closest level to her, as long as she is on company time, any movements out of duty or on duty that consume more than 20 minutes of company time…..I MUST be informed, and that is not negotiable!

Now, where were we? Devil, just so you know,….and let me get this clear with you: My joy does not come from my Husband, my child, my family, my job, or any of those things you are busy attacking…..MY JOY COMES FROM THE LORD JESUS CHRIST! And if you remember very well, This, My LORD JESUS CRHSIT conquered you 2016 years ago at a battle you engaged in at Calvary. Remember that?

Because of that Mighty Victory, I want to assure you that YOU WILL NOT HAVE MY HUSBAND, NOR MY CHILD, NOR ANYTHING AT ALL THAT HAS MY NAME ATTACHED TO IT! AND MOST DEFINITELY, NOT ME!!!!! So, GO BACK TO HELL WHERE YOU BELONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that this is extremely clear to you! If you, like, I can repeat it over and over, coz I know every single time I write it, you cringe with pain. Should I repeat? Coward!!!!!!!

Back to the Love Dare….Day 8 was: Love is not jealous.

Love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire. Song of Solomon 8:6

The day’s dare involved me determining to become my hubby’s biggest fan and to reject any thoughts of jealousy. To help me set my heart on my hubby and focus on his achievements, I was supposed to take the list of negative attributes that I had developed on day 7 and discretely burn it, then share with my hubby how glad I am about a success he recently enjoyed.

To be sincere, I haven’t done any of it yet. I must do it all tonight, including today’s dare.

Its on this day that I had that encounter with the girl at my workplace which stressed me so much that my hubby had to rush back home and take me for aerobics to clear my mind. This really helped. I was able to sweat it out and clear my mind. We enjoyed a very lovely walk back home at around 9.00pm. The moon was bright. It was lovely. We found a woman whose car had fallen in a ditch on our way back, and was stuck. I asked my hubby to help coz I knew that definitely, if anyone could, my hubby was that person. True to my belief, he helped and soon the woman was on her way. We continued with our walk home, holding hands, with my hubby’s basket ball on the other. Lovely memories!

Day 9: Love makes good impressions

Greet one another with a kiss of love. 1 Peter 5:14

I was to think of a specific way I’d like to greet my hubby today, and to do it with a smile and with enthusiasm, then determine to change my greeting to reflect my love for them.

I had planned to jump and hug my hubby as soon as he entered the house, though I wasn’t sure if this enthusiasm would be sustainable…hihi!

Anyways, bottomline, I opened up a whatsapp message with the new list of government ministers to be sworn in, and funny but the first words I said to my husband were, “ Prof Baryamureeba is the new minister for Info Tech and Communications!” and his response; ”Eh! Strategist!” Remember, this same prof was a presidential candidate during the last elections.

Anyways, when I reminded him of the day’s dare, he decided he wanted to carry me up into the bedroom. I weight 85kgs at the moment, 5 kgs heavier than my hubby. I asked him if he would be able to do this every day, and he laughed and changed his mind. So, in the end, we kissed like 3 times. That’s the story of our yesterday.

Today, Day 10, I woke up in a not so happy mood, but I have determined to stay joyful at all times. No one steals my joy and lives to tell the sstory! Even the devil is banished into hell where he belongs. He will not be stealing my joy again.

Ciao!