Thursday, May 19, 2016

The Love Dare - Day 3

Love is not selfish
Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor. Romans 12:10

The day's dare was: Whatever you put your time, energy, and money into will become more important to you. Its hard to care for something you are not investing in. Along with restraining from negative comments, buy your spouse something that says, "I was thinking of you today."

So, the positive thing with Day 3 was that I knew exactly what I wanted to get for my husband, and I had actually got it on Day 2 out of excitement, but spent my evening yesterday looking over it just to be sure its in the best condition, wrapped it with a lot of care and love and wrote sweet messages literally all over. I enjoyed doing this. I usually really enjoy wrapping gifts for the people I love.
My husband was very happy to receive his present, and he too gave me a very beautiful pair of earrings that I am actually wearing today:-)

But something comes to my mind... I don't want to finish this 40-days' dare only focusing on the gifts I receive or the sweet things my hubby does for me (keeping a tab on him)....No! But more on what lessons I can get out of this whole thing. Yesterday, while wrapping the gift, I felt like, well.....I always love giving gifts to my husband and leaving him small love notes here and there, and it also felt pretty superficial, coz I know....ah! he will get me something too! There's just no element of surprise in it, if you get what I mean.
But, bottom-line: what is this helping me achieve? At least I have already begun to work on some amazing resolutions for particularly my life. I want to not get angry at all - or rather, to NOT LET THE DEVIL STEAL MY JOY AND PEACE for these next 40 days. No matter what!

The LORD who says He is the I AM, I want to see HIM as my GOD OF PEACE AND JOY this time round. I am asking Him to manifest Himself in my life as the God of peace and joy. And I know He will. HE NEVER FAILS. He says "Ask, and you will receive." "No good thing shall He withhold from those who walk upright before me."
He will not withhold His peace and joy from me. This I believe in Jesus' Mighty Name. Amen!