Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Living Life the LOVE way

As I drove home from work last evening, a discussion on the radio - Capital FM, to be precise caught my attention. Lucky, one of the presenters was disappointed at how Ugandans have lowered their morality. Her example: In the past, if a guy or woman was hitting on you and you told them you were married, they would apologize and give you space. Today, you tell someone you are married, and they will be like; "I don't want to marry you. I know I cant have all of you, but at least you can give me a little of you on the sides." How awful? Have we become so immoral? Has marriage lost meaning and respect this much?

In my church's marrieds cell group, we, on sunday, started a Love Dare Bible study based on the movie FIREPROOF. This is a 40 days' dare with lots of activities that each of us is supposed to do to learn how to love our spouses and nurture love in our marriages.

According to the introduction:
"The Scriptures say that God designed and created marriage as a good thing. It is a beautiful, priceless gift.  He uses marriage to help us eliminate loneliness, multiply our effectiveness, establish families, raise children, enjoy life, and bless us with relational intimacy. But beyond this, marriage also shows us our need to grow and deal with our own issues and self-centeredness through the help of a lifelong partner." Don't we all long for this?

I want to love and to be loved. We want our marriage to be respected for all its worth. We want to live a life that EXALTS the Name of the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY at all costs. And we shall work hard, INTENTIONALLY to ensure that our marriage doesn't go into those statistics of marriages that have lost meaning.
This is why we signed up for this Love Dare thing, and I promise to share our experiences as much as possible. I pray that God will give both my hubby and I, and the 6 other couples who have signed up for this dare thing the grace to finish all the 40 days unscathed, strong, celebrating, full of praise, and that we shall harvest the fruits of our labor and the Name of the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY will be exalted beyond measure through our marriages. So help us , God!

Day 1:
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Ephesians 4:2
 
The first part has been easy. All I needed to do was to demonstrate patience and to say nothing negative to my spouse at all.
There was nothing eventful. We were both very positive all day, which felt kinda superficial, but I liked it. we tried so much not to offend each other, etc. The day went well.
Today is the second day, and I will write its outcomes tomorrow.
Ciao!!