Saturday, May 21, 2016

The Love Dare - Days 5 & 6

So, day 5 and 6 haven’t really been that eventful especially in relation to the Love Dare.

Day 5: Love is not rude.

He who blesses his friend with a loud voice early in the morning, it will be reckoned a curse to him. Proverbs 27:14

The day’s dare involved me asking my hubby to tell me three things that caused him to be uncomfortable or irritated with me.

Well, we both shared what made us uncomfortable with each other, and none of it seemed new to us. For example, my husband is uncomfortable with my strong headed nature. I agree that it’s not easy to lead a strong headed woman, and I have since, our wedding, been trying so hard to be easier, even though I feel that if I become so soft and easy, my husband might get bored with me. I’m sure that there’s a bit of that strong-headedness that he fell for. Just hopes!

Anyways, something about yesterday made me realize that some lessons are actually sticking. First, i caught myself almost getting irritated by something really minor, and yeah, am proud to say, I led my heart off that line of thought! Yeeiiiii!!! And then, I also witnessed my husband being patient with me. I was so scared of him losing patience with me at some point, but thankfully, he was like; “No, hani; I am not mad at you. I love you.” He will never know how much his reassurance meant to me, and for me to realize that he was actually taking the ‘patience’ lesson seriously. Thank you Jesus!

Day 6: Love is not irritable.

He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit, than he who captures a city. Proverbs 16:32

The day’s dare involved choosing to react to tough circumstances in my marriage in a loving way instead of with irritation.

So, today, we went to watch my husband’s basket ball team play and to cheer them up. A number of things happened that should have cut my fuse, but instead, for some reason, and I know it wasn’t on my own strength, God miraculously helped me not to be irritated. First, my husband has bought basketball shoes like the third time now, and each time, he spends money on shoes that get spoilt the very day he wears them to his first game, including today. And I wondered why he seems to always be drawn to the weak shoes, etc….but, for once, I found myself deciding not to let this bother me. Instead, I was like; “That’s okay.´ well; he said he would try to fix it. I pray his ideas work. I think he really loves this new pair. I really hope it can be fixed and actually lasts longer than our expectations. Everything else that almost made me lose patience are really minor and very negligible. This is me not being irritated.

Otherwise, we had a wonderful day. My hubby’s team lost by 3 points, but it was a great game. I am very proud of him…my dearest dearest Husband! Thank you Jesus for this day.