Wednesday, May 18, 2016

The Love Dare - Day 2

Like I wrote yesterday, I will be sharing my experiences of this amazing Love dare as my husband and I work hard at making our marriage work, filling it with Love.

Day 2:
Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you. Ephesians 4.32

The dare required us to do at least one unexpected gesture as an act of kindness, in addition to saying nothing negative to each other.

I was surprised at how difficult it was for me to find a kind gesture to do for my husband. You know, I have got into the routines of doing my usual things around the house - cooking, cleaning, nurturing our baby, and my usual wifely duties...nothing out of the ordinary, that when I was required to think of an intentional act of kindness, until 6pm, I hadn't even come up with one!

My husband on the other hand, kept doing all sorts of small gestures which, went unnoticed by me of course, not intentionally, I assure you....hehehe! till he actually started pointing them out at the end of the day, and I was so embarrassed for failing to notice these things.

I wondered: how many times has my husband actually gone out of his way to show me kindness and I failed to notice? It hurts to be kind and only receive complaints from the intended recipient. I am ashamed of myself. You have no idea how many times I have complained of feeling unloved, unappreciated, etc. by my husband. Now I know why: my mind has been closed off to only the things I wanted to see, not actually to what he was doing.

I know there are so many women out there who are guilty of the same...so if you are one of us, we really need to stop and start looking out and appreciating our loved ones for every single gesture of kindness that they have gone out of their ways to show us, not just focus on our preconceived ideas of kindness.

Anyways, I thank God so much for availing opportunities for us to accomplish a lot yesterday in relation to the dare verse. We opened up a lot with the help of wonderful friends in our marrieds group, and were able to forgive each other for past hurts, understand each other more, and am looking forward to us being the best of friends.
NO WEAPON FASHIONED AGAINST US SHALL PROSPER AND NO TONGUE OF THE ENEMY SHALL PREVAIL AGAINST US; IN JESUS' MIGHTY NAME.
AMEN!

I was also, finally, after a hectic day of thinking, thinking and thinking....I was able to find something really kind to do for my husband, and he was grateful. After his long tired day, I gave him a much needed massage!
So, day 2 down! Now, lets get back to day 3. updates will come tomorrow.
Stay blessed!