Monday, February 4, 2008

Reflections

Of late, i have been challenging me alot. I was doing alot of reading in different blogs and i realised that some people really take lots of time thinking before they write and they do alot of reflections on what they write before writing it down. I have been painfully reminded for the zillionth time now that i really need to adopt the habit of reflections. i've tried it before, but as you know with typical sanguines like me, it just never lasts long! Forgive us. We never intend to be like that...hehe!

Serious now. There's this song i love so much and just couldnt wait to share it with friends.

On friday, at Laget's meeting, i was asked to share. You know, i had really never shared before, atleast, until i came to Norway, and i think am growing alot in this area. So when i was asked to share, i kept thinking of what it would be, until i remembered this song.
A very sweet song.
Its about God's love for us; how he loved us so much that He gave His only son to die for us on the cross! Imagine, He ignored His son up there, even at his moment of greatest need!!! just for a filthy, wretched sinner like me and you!!! This is beyond me! i dont think anyone on this planet could have such a heart, not even a father who hates his son with all thats in him!!
But thats how the story goes. Here! check it out!
Its surely beyond me!

How deep the Father's love for us;
how vast beyond all measure;
That He should give His only son,
To make a wretch his treasure.
How great the pain of searing loss;
The Father turns His face away;
as wounds which mar the chosen one,
Bring many sons to justice.
Behold the man upon a cross;
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed i hear my mocking voice,
call out among the scoffers.
It was my sin that held him there
until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
i know that it is finished.
I will not boast in anything;
no gofts, no power, no wisdom;
but i will boast in Jesus Christ,
His death and resurrection.
Why should i gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer.
But this i know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom!
This is it! Isnt it sweet? Especially, knowing that we dont deserve it at all?
I love it! At times i feel like maybe turning away and doing my own things in life instead of being restricted by the christian rules and lifestyle( at times, not always!), but thinking about these very words, i get sense right back into my head!
Life isnt worth what was accomplished at calvary for my sake!! i cant forsake him simply coz i want to have a taste of funny life out there, no!

Well, as a child, when our parents love us so much, we are always so desperate to let others know about it; about the latest gift u got from them...
Its the same situation here, but why is it that we are never depserate enough to let others know about how our heavenly dad has loved us so much? why cant we share with others about the most wonderful gifts he has showered upon us?
Its a challenge! Take it or leave it! Depends on you, but its a previledge. Remember previledges can be taken away from you any minute!

The other time that i shared, well, it was still musical, just like this one. And ofcourse i played this on guitar by the way! Thats another area am improving! I think its so good that i came to Norway!
I played and sang with Pamela and Lillian from Laget. As i said before, am sanguine. we are strongly afraid of boredom, this is probably why everytime am asked to share, i find it much easier to share using a song! It benefits alot. And i realised that even when people are not interested in you, if you said you had a dance or a song, it gets to everyone! You get all their attention and then you can talk what you wanted to share, and then do the dance or sing, and it sinks!
Well, there's that dance: Lord Yo' Holy!
Maybe i should write the texts here, so people can read and probably understand why i melts my heart alot everytime i dance it or even think about it. Its a great song, still about God's love and the fact that He is so Holy.
Guys, God is holy. Lets not try to reduce His standard otherwise we'll lose! Lets learn to worship Him as He really is. He's worth more than what we are even able to give!
here's the lyrics.

Lord, yo' holy,
Lord, yo holy;
and we lift you up,
and magnify yo Name...x2
I look around, and i see:
all the works yo hands has made;
the awesomeness of you,
and how yo love will never fail me.
Words cannot express
what i feel inside,
i cant describe yo glory devine,
but as a token of my life
this is what i do
i lift my hands and cry:
Lord, yo holy,
Lord, yo holy,
and we lift you up,
and magnify yo name...x2
its not any words that i can say
to tell you how much i appreciate
all the wonderful things you've given me
yo loving kindness, yo tender mercies!
its my desire to praise you
and tell you how much i love you
for yo worthy of all the glory...
and yo worthy of all the praise..
I dont know why you love me;
why you'd show me... to much mercy!
why you'd suffer, and die for me
way back, way back, way back at calvary...
I thank you ( O Lord i thank you)
I thank you (ooo...)
I thank you..(and i'll give u all the praise)
Wonderful, Glorious, Holy and Righteous;
Victorious, Conqueror, Triumphant and Mighty;
Healer, Deliverer, Shield and Defence
Strong Tower, my Best Friend.
Omni-potent, Omni-present, soon coming King
Alpha, Omega, Lord of everything...
(yo) Holy, Holy, Holy is yo name......
Holy.....
Holy.....
Holy is yo Name.....
That is it!
Just a sec! have u ever wondered how many names God has? Well, this song gives a few, but remember this arent even half of them!
God bless ya!