Monday, February 25, 2008

"Andakt" på Con anima møte

Last Thursday, on 21st feb, i was asked to give “andakt” at the choir meeting (con anima). That was probably one of the best things that I have ever done with my life. Whatever kind of message God spoke through me, I can’t tell how big it was, but I imagine God really wanted to say it. I just had this very over whelming desire to pray and fast, and I probably spent half of the day just praying and praying and praying….! That is not so usual with me, but that day it felt so real!
I enjoyed it! And then when I stood up to talk, well, I can’t explain what happened out straight… but I don’t think I spoke all that on my own accord. I usually get so shy and anxious when I write down all my needed notes before I make a speech, and I never seem to follow what I’ve written down, but instead mess it up and even get confused myself. But that day, that never happened, and I had written down everything I had planned to say. Maybe I can write it for u here. If you are a worshipper, this could be a perfect message for you. But again, the Bible says that all of us are created to worship God. Meaning; we are all worshippers, predestined right from creation times. Take heed u live yo life like one!

Setting our selves aside as living sacrifices
Romans 12:1-2
God is asking us, as worshippers to set ourselves aside as living sacrifices; holy and acceptable to Him; willing to worship Him in truth and in spirit.

There’s a song I know, made from Isaiah 29:13, that says:

When you lift yo hands up high
And u sing a song of praise to me
It brings me great delight
Such a lovely sight
And yes it is true
Praise looks good on you
Morning, night and day
Yo praise ascends to heaven
Like the smell of sweet perfume
Filling every room
And yes it is true
Praise looks good on you


You bring yo sacrifices
And u offer up yo praise
You lift yo voice with singing
But yo heart seems far away
More than a sacrifice
I am looking for yo heart
Holy and acceptable
And pleasing in my sight


So offer up yo lives
Holy and acceptable
A willing sacrifice
Precious in my sight
But in all that u do
Remember all I want is u


So lift yo hands up high
And worship him before the altar
Consecrate yo life
A willing sacrifice
But in all that u do
Remember all He wants is u
And yes it is true
Praise looks good on you.


To sacrifice something, means to give it up. God wants us to give ourselves; our lives, for Him to use us fully for His glory. We are living sacrifices.
The funny thing about our kind of sacrifice is that w have legs. We always move away from God’s altar, but for us to be used of God, then we always have to bring ourselves right back to that altar, and say “Lord, here I am; use me!”

I have moved away mob times; very very many times. I am a sinner, probably one of the greatest that has ever lived, but redeemed by grace, and it amazes me so much just how much God loves me and that He still finds me valuable in His sight! It humbles, me a lot and forces me right back to my knees, and to say “Lord, here I am; use me”
And still, amazingly, He’s so faithful. He’s always willing to use us as long as we are willing to offer up ourselves, to consecrate our lives for His holy purposes.

There’s a slogan I’ve adopted, and actually decided to write it to all my friends that; “there’s nothing I can do to make God love me more or less. He loves me anyway! He loves me all the same!” What kind of person would love u this much? Not any that I know of…!
(This was a serious revelation to me and I don’t know why it’s taken me so long to discover how much God loves me…!)

Maybe this is what God wants from you; that u’ll discover and accept all the love that He has for you.
I’ve decided to give my life, with all my many flaws to God so He can use me, as long as He can make me whole again and worthy to work for Him. What more is there, anyway?

Think about this; are u willing to offer yo life completely to God, for His holy purposes; holy and acceptable, not offering lip-service but worshipping God right from yo hearts?
Well, there are thousands out there that God wants to reach through yo worship. Offer yo selves and God will use u. what do u chose?

Remember that even in our sinful nature, there’s still nothing we can do to make Him love us more or less. Why not accept this love and love Him back?